The new Trimble Kenai, a fully rugged tablet featuring the Microsoft® Windows® 10 Professional operating system and a large 10.1” display screen that is capable of full-color images even in the brightest sunlight.
The Kenai provides connectivity including Bluetooth®, Wi-Fi and optional 4G LTE dual-mode data cloud-capability. Its hot-swappable battery lets users keep working long after consumer-grade tablets would fail.
The Kenai tablet is ideal for mobile workers who need to utilize large forms and color-coded information such as technical specifications, and is rugged enough to last for years of use even in harsh conditions. It meets the tablet computing needs of businesses in natural resources, utilities, transportation, agriculture, public safety, surveying, construction, mapping, field service, utilities, and other outdoor or service-related fields.
Its fully-rugged design also allows the computer to be cleaned for use on the floor of food and beverage processing, so safety can be monitored and audited comprehensively. In addition to standard USB ports, it comes with an RS 232 Serial Port that allows it to connect with many industrial and manufacturing machines, significantly aiding productivity and eliminating costly downtime. This is the tablet for those mobile workers who need a computer they can count on no matter where the job takes them, or how long they have to stay in the field to get the job done.
The following are the most important features of the Kenai:
- Microsoft Windows 10 Professional (64 bit) operating system
- 10.1” full-color, sunlight readable Gorilla® Glass multi-touch capacitive touchscreen display, compatible with finger, capacitive stylus and capacitive gloves
- 4G LTE WWAN data compatible with GSM networks (separate WWAN modules for Americas; or Europe, Australia and New Zealand)
- 2-4 meter (6-13 feet) GPS integrated receiver and antenna
- RS 232 DB9 serial port
- 8 MP rear camera with LED flash for photos and videos
- Fully rugged design to IP65 and MIL-STD-810G standards
- Hot-swappable, Standard batteries for 5 hours, with optional External Battery for up to 10 hours use
- Two year standard warranty